Sunday 13 February 2011

2011 Year List

Another good day birdwatching in Northumberland yesterday (12/2/11). This time I visited Cresswell Pool and Durridge Bay Pools. Despite a damp start to the day, the sun appeared to show off the beautiful landscape and seascape of the area.

2011 Year List = 98 (Grey Partridge & Red-throated Diver).

Today, the wet weather returned so I tried to beat the heavy rain by heading out earlier doors. My target was a Green-winged Teal found by Teesmouth Bird Club members at Bowesfield Marsh in Stockton-on-Tees. As I arrived the rain became more presistant and there was a chill in the wind. The bird had not been seen, so I started to search through the ducks on the pool. After an hour, there was no sign but ducks kept appearing out of the grass and rushes. I was told that the bird had been seen on another pool so I headed off slipping and slidding through the mud. There in amongst approximately 20 (Eurasian) Teal and 30 Common Redshank was the drake Green-winged Teal.

2011 Year List = 99 (Green-winged Teal)

No comments:

Post a Comment