Sunday 3 March 2013

Today was one of those days when you win some and lose some. However, thats birdwatching for you!

I started off at Hartlepool Headland looking for a Red-necked Grebe, but I didn't manage to see the bird during my stay. Next stop was Newburn to look for a Mediterranean Gull which thankfully was resting on the beach within a flock of Black-headed Gulls.

As I moved down the coast I stopped at Seaton Common to look at the gull flock, but shortly after arriving the flock took to air and went on to the landfill site. I decided to drive down to the North Gare car park and walk to the breakwater. Upon reaching the start of the breakwater, I scanned the sea noting 12 Red-throated Diver, 1 Black-throated Diver, 2 Common Scoter, 2 Eider and a Harbour Porpoise in Hartlepool Bay. In the Tees Estuary, there were more Red-throated Diver, 4 Guillemot and 2 Razorbill.

After spending lunch at the Teesmouth Field Centre, listening to the birds singing I walked the Nature Trail and noted 18 species.

Year List Update

2013 Bird List = 97 (Mediterranean Gull, Razorbill, Meadow Pipit, Tree Sparrow, Song Thrush)

2013 Mammal list = 7 (Harbour Porpoise)

2013 Butterfly List = 0

2013 Moth List = 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment