Saturday 7 March 2015

Hartlepool Headland - 7th March 2015

I spent the afternoon a seawatching at Hartlepool Headland. The wind direction was a gusty South-Westerly which isn't good, but it was good to get out and relax by the sea.

Start 13:00
Finish 14:30

Cormorant 9
Shag 2
Oystercatcher 90
Lesser Black-backed Gull 2
Sanderling 5
Great-crested Grebe 2
Turnstone 9
Redshank 6
Knot 1

Numerous Herring, Great Black-backed and Black-headed Gulls were seen too.

A single Harbour Porpoise and two Grey Seals were also seen.

Driving along Marine Drive I came to the town moor where there was 15 Linnets and a large flock of Starlings feeding on the grass. Also present were Turnstone, Redshank and Oystercatcher.



On the way home I stopped at Dorman's Pool where I added Green-winged Teal, Glaucous Gull and Pintail to my year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment