Sunday 9 April 2017

Garden Moth Update - March

The new GMS season started on 4th March 2017, so I put my moth trap out and hoped for a good start. Unfortunately no moths were trapped and the overnight temperature dropped to 0C.

On Friday 11th March, despite a warmer overnight temperature of 10.9C, I trapped my first moth of 2017 which was a Agonoptrix heracliana


Friday 18th March 2017, I trapped 1 Hebrew Character with a mild overnight temperature of 10.2C.

Friday 24th March 2017 was a cold evening with clear skies and an overnight temperature of 1.2C and I trapped one Clouded Drab. The poor results continued.


On Friday 31st March, I was hoping for better results than the previous weeks. The overnight low temperature was 8.9C and I trapped six moths of four species.

1 Double-stripped Pug
1 Common Quaker
1 Small Quaker
3 Hebrew Character


 

No comments:

Post a Comment